Author: Natalie Pendragon <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 06:59:52 -0400
Update README ideas for more index/usage statistics
1 file changed, 7 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
diff --git a/README.md b/README.md
@@ -46,7 +46,10 @@ as this guide to [mailing list etiquette](https://man.sr.ht/lists.sr.ht/etiquett
add a TODO to refactor the extract_gemini_links function to
exclude any links found within such a block.
- **add usage statistics**: this could go in the index statistics
- page, and could pull information from the jetforce logs. I
- think a clear value-add would be number of queries per day.
- Maybe also the most-common queries? But I think that might
- yield low-quality results, so maybe not worth doing.
+ page, and, in addition to using the index itself, could also
+ pull information from the jetforce logs.
+ - server uptime
+ - num new servers per week/month
+ - num broken links
+ - num GUS queries per day
+ - most common queries (not sure about this one)